Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted March 23, 2023 Chapters:  ...5 6 -7- 8... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
The Monster Within

A chapter in the book You Didn't Ask...But

You Didn't Ask...But-#7-Knifed

by Brett Matthew West


(This is a true life case featured on the Law and Crime television network that contains graphic violence.)


You know what really burns my butt? A candle, about three feet high, especially one emblazoned by headlines on the front page of a newspaper or one on a site like yahoo.com.

Let me ask you this. How many years do you think 114 knife stabs, at least 49 of them defensive, are worth?

In the case of Aiden Fucci, a now 16-year old monster from Jacksonville, Florida, they should be worth at least forty years to life. That is precisely what this youthful terror, tried as an adult, is facing for the brutalized murder of his 13-year old classmate, and popular cheerleader, Tristyn Bailey. I, for one, have no sympathy for him or his kind.

Fucci was fourteen years of age when he committed this murder in a fit of rage, an act he often fantasized about. He attempted to justify his attack by stating Tristyn Bailey had grabbed his male organ. Known to draw pictures of mutilated bodies, Fucci claimed to hear voices in his head telling him to kill. He also used dark fantasies to cope with his turbulent home life. Little Mister Thinks He Is A Billy Badass has a lot to learn, and he will when he goes to play with the big boys in the steel garden.

Fucci and Bailey were observed about 1am, on May 9, 2021, during Mother's Day weekend, walking in their Durbin Crossing neighborhood. The area is a tranquil residential setting in Northwest St. John's County, and is the heart of the county. The Durbin Crossing neighborhood is surrounded by nature preserves, lake views, and picturesque panoramas. What are children that young doing roaming the streets in the wee hours of the morning? Lack of parental supervision, perhaps? Bailey was found later that day in nearby woods.

Fucci was well known to be fascinated by his two pet knives "Poker" and "Picker." He often showed them off to his best friend and his girlfriend.

In the back of the patrol car after his arrest, Fucci sent a Snapchat message asking, "Hey guys, anybody seen Tristyn Bailey lately?" His mother and step-father prepped him on how to answer detectives' questions when they interviewed him.

Fucci's unnamed girlfriend stated, "He thought it would be satisfying to slit someone's throat and watch the blood drain out."

She further stated, "Fucci warned her to expect him to kill someone that month," "It seemed like he rehearsed it in his head," and "If he does it, it will be planned."

His teachers noted Fucci to have what they referred to as "academic difficulties, particularly in math and reading," a "punk who always looked for a fight," and "lacked motivation."

Dr. Gregory Pritchard (Psycologist), stated he saw Fucci's chances of getting better as "at this point, I would say his prognosis for rehabilitation is poor."

Is it worth noting Dr. Pritchard's opinion in court was based on the fact he did not personally evaluate Fucci but based his decision on what he said was "access to a lot of information to draw conclusions"?

To emphasize how many times Fucci stabbed his victim, at the sentencing phase of his trial Bailey's oldest sister Alexis dropped 114 teal stones into a glass jar one at a time. The shade being Tristyn Bailey's favorite color.

The killer has reveled in the attention he received from fellow jailmates after committing the murder. In addition, Fucci has repeatedly extorted commissary items from other incarcerated juvenile transgressors, and threatened them, as he did jail staffers. On multiple occasions, Fucci has been cited for misconduct while he has been detained.

A wise adage states "the apple never falls far from the tree." This appears to hold forth in Fucci's case because his mother was arrested for tampering with evidence by trying to wash the hapless Bailey's blood out of his gore-infested jeans after he killed her. If she was going to do that, why stop there? Maybe she should have thought what to do with his Nike shoes and white t-shirt that had Bailey's blood on them?

Please do not try to justify Fucci's slaughter of Bailey with the same old worn out excuses some involved in this crime have. They do not wash with me. In my book, too youthful for the death penalty, though in this case it is more than warranted, Fucci deserves every single second of confinement time he is sentenced to and a ton more.

What in the world is going on with some of today's youth? I have answers for that question, but better leave them for another piece.

Oh, by the way, perhaps not so inconcievably, Fucci pled guilty to the murder before his trial began. That may be his only longshot chance of ever walking out of prison again.

Can I get an Amen?

You didn't ask...but.




Light Reading Before Bedtime, by meg119, selected to complement my post.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by meg119 at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brett Matthew West All rights reserved.
Brett Matthew West has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.