Family Flash Fiction posted March 18, 2023


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
This is an usual story about smells.

Smell Museum.

by eliz100



I have a good-looking nose now that I had the bump removed. The smeller is broken. If I went into a smell museum, my smeller would be overwhelmed and shut down, maybe for good.

As a kid, we vacationed on a farm. The farmhouse had no AC, so the windows were open. The smell of fresh cut grass woke me up feeling exhilarated

There were chickens on the farm. Chasing them around the yard was fun. In the coop was another matter chicken sh*t stinks. It was an acidy, horrific smell that made me want to hold my nose while collecting eggs.

You hoped you smelled cow poop before you stepped in it. Otherwise, you had to rub your shoe on the grass to get it all off. It was a smell that wrinkled your nose but not nearly as bad as that chicken sh*t.






The requirement is to write about a smell museum. There was no word requirement which is unusual for flash fiction. I started with 180 words and made eliminations until I had 159.

Club entry for the "Smell Museum" event in "Flash Fiction/Nonfiction".  Locate a writing club.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. eliz100 All rights reserved.
eliz100 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.