Humor Fiction posted February 14, 2023


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Use of four required words

Celebrate

by jmdg1954


Celebrate, celebrate, dance to the music … celebrate … celebrate,” Jim stopped singing and dancing to the Three Dog Night tune when his daughter, Amber entered the room.

“What’s got you so happy, Dad? Stock market add to your portfolio today?”

“No,” he said with a frown. “Maybe. I don’t know. I never checked.”

“I know I’m going to dread asking this, but did you …”

“Bup, bup, bup…” he said with his index finger to his lips.

Amber rolled her eyes.

“Celebrate, celebrate, dance to the music …” he sang, grabbed and spun her around. 

“Dad, you got it, didn’t you?”

“Uh-huh, uh-huh, that’s the way I like it, uh-huh, uh-huh."

“That fellowship you applied for, you, you finally got it? You’ve been waiting for it, forever!”

“Yes, I did. I love you, baby girl. My dream is finally coming to fruition. I can’t wait for Mom and your brother to get home, so we can … Celebrate, celebrate, dance to the music …”

“Oh, Dad, I’m so proud of you,” Amber said, giving him a high-five.

“Yup, the U.S. Institute of Health & Science came through. Now I can study why Chimpanzees throw their feces.”

Celebrate, celebrate, dance to the music …





Post Number 300
A Milestone Post

Recognized

#61
February
2023


There was a poetry contest to use the words, dread, love, fellowship and frown (bold in the story)

I do not write poetry so I thought I would put these words in a little story.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by eileen0204 at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. jmdg1954 All rights reserved.
jmdg1954 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.