General Fiction posted February 6, 2023


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Unexpected

A day in the life

by jenintorre


He dresses carefully in his smart grey suit, fake identity card safely in his inside pocket.
Checking his immaculate hair in the mirror, he smiles revealing white, even teeth.
He triple locks his doors and engages the alarm with the remote control.

As he enters his shiny new Mercedes he looks up at the clear blue sky, a far cry from the miserable grey one in his homeland that hopefully he'll never see again.

Yesterday was quite a good day, he thinks. Eight passports, twenty credit cards and two thousand dollars,
Such an easy life.

He cruises around for a while enjoying the surroundings and the exquisite voice of Celine Dion on his C.D. Player.

He spots the large supermarket sign on his right and pulls into the parking lot. His luck is in as there is a space right next to the exit. He reverses into it, lights a cigarette and watches a blue Toyota Lexus pull into a space just a few feet away.

The white haired, elderly lady doesn't seem to notice him and there is no-one else around ... perfect.

She steps from the car with her handbag casually slung over her left shoulder. As he snatches it he looks into her watery grey eyes and catches the look of triumph as she plunges the knife into his chest.

As he breathes his last breath he thinks of his wife and children and the plane tickets that will never be used.


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. jenintorre All rights reserved.
jenintorre has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.