General Fiction posted January 30, 2023


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
In defense of Ursula, the sea witch

Ursula's Quest

by GollyGreen32


Ursula even dressed like a professional. She wore a black outfit and red lipstick, blue eyeshadow, and white hair to make the outfit pop. She was also entirely formidable with her knowledge of contracts and human nature. Lawyer anyone? Because of her nature, after all, Ursula was half woman and half octopus, she had to lurk in dark caves under the sea and not let her light shine, but her high intelligence wouldn't allow it. Some don't like some parts of their nature. Ursula sure didn't. Brainy enough and strong enough to manage Atlantica, Ursula, who not only had eight arms, also possessed the power to juggle several tasks at once.

Poor Ursula. Frustrated by King Triton and his macho attitude. He showed this attitude with his daughters, always wanting to marry them off. Sure, Ursula had a taste for power, but if she could do the job, why not? A glass ceiling existed over her head, or technically, was it water? But as with any woman with the brains, ambition, and moxie to go after what she wants, like Ariel, only not as good-looking and coy, must be the bad guy. What's so wrong with Ursula wanting to lead the merfolk if King Triton proved lacking in his abilities or even acting as his second in command?

Funny. Ariel snared a human man, a huge taboo for King Triton and the merfolk, but Ariel accomplished it anyway. She married Eric. Ursula wanted respect and kudos for her abilities. She shouldn't have shrunk that merfolk and put them in her garden. No excuses for that, not even a breach of contract, but constant frustration and subjugation because she was, at least in part, a woman, can make anyone go off the deep end, or in Ursula's case, into deeper water.



Devil's Advocate writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Pick you favorite villain. They can be from a book, cartoon, movie, fairytale, lore, or tv series, but must be fictional. You have 300 words or less to defend their actions and explain why they are so bad!


This was a fun contest. It makes an author get into their antagonist's, or bad guy's, mind.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. GollyGreen32 All rights reserved.
GollyGreen32 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.