Humor Fiction posted January 29, 2023


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
the big bad wolf

Trial of TBBW

by pome lover


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


Courtroom.

The wolf is on trial for having swallowed Little Red Riding Hood's grandmother and threatening LRRH.

The Defense for the wolf: "Your Honor, though my client is, indeed, despicable for eating this little girl's grandmother, in the end, he (gag) spit her back out and granny, though a bit slimy, was all of a piece. So, actually, no harm was done."

Prosecutor: "Objection. The fact remains, Your Honor, that he did swallow this child's grandmother and was about to devour this very child if the huntsman hadn't stopped him. He is a menace to society, a danger to humans, and should be punished."

Defense: Your Honor, repugnant as he is, my client's very nature dictates his eating requirements. The wolf forages and when he finds "food", well, it's only natural that he eats it. As I just explained, however, he coughed up old granny and, voila! she was alive and speaking to LRRH."

Prosecutor: "This nefarious creature, this evil specimen of an animal, after eating an innocent, elderly grandmother, put on her clothes to deliberately deceive her granddaughter. He could have just absconded with the picnic basket, your Honor, which was full of edible goodies, and left the child alone."

Counsel for the Defense: "Coulda, woulda, shoulda is not the point, Your Honor. End results! The Outcome! Happy Endings! THAT'S the important thing. Ask any fairy tale writer. Ask any child. Heck, ask Granny, though I think she's still a bit shell shocked. My point is that she is alive, the granddaughter is alive and the huntsman took the wolf far away to a place where there were lots of little unsuspecting rabbits and other fodder, uh creatures for the wolf to, er ... have access to. So no harm was done.

I rest my case."




Devil's Advocate writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Pick you favorite villain. They can be from a book, cartoon, movie, fairytale, lore, or tv series, but must be fictional. You have 300 words or less to defend their actions and explain why they are so bad!


there are 297 words
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. pome lover All rights reserved.
pome lover has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.