Spiritual Non-Fiction posted January 22, 2023


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
What I would say to my Father

Three things

by Wendy G


What do I say to God?

I say, “I am sorry”. 

I say, “Thank you!”

I say, “I love You”.

I am sorry that You are treated with disrespect, mocked, blamed for the sins of mankind. You aren't given our allegiance or reverence. Forgive us. Forgive me.

You don’t compromise Yourself by conforming to our small ideas of you or give in to all our petulant demands. You know better.

You are not our buddy, or a “big man”. You are far beyond our human wisdom and understanding. You are infinite perfection, love and wisdom.

I am sorry that we chose to be independent from You, and “do our own thing” when all the time You are filled with perfect love for your creation and for us.  

No wonder this world’s such a mess!

I am sorry that Your Son had to die to make it possible for us to live for ever. But also - I am thankful, so thankful!

Such a paradox, but in your mercy, we would have otherwise had to die (and remain dead) so we didn’t live forever, separated from You by our sin.

That would be hell, separation forever from Your love and peace. Your Son overcame death – and His resurrection life is offered to us. So costly for Him, but free for us.

I say “Thank you” with all my heart. And therefore “I love You” with all my heart too. These two go together.

Yes, I love You, in response to Your love for me. You are infinite love in Your character, You are the Almighty God – and yet you love ME.

I love you for loving each one of us, and we both know that none of us deserves it.

I don’t understand how You hear and answer all our prayers, always fulfilling Your plans for our ultimate blessing. But that’s why I love you – because You can and do.

You are with me, every moment of my life, giving peace, comfort, and strength, even turning man-made tragedies into opportunities to know You more deeply.

You keep your promises to mere humanity – not one has ever failed! Thank You!

You have perfect understanding of each of us. You know our hearts, our innermost thoughts – even the hairs on our heads are numbered. We are important to You! Thank You. I love you.

Your gifts are abundant, usually taken for granted - and more than can be listed. You supply all our needs, knowing them and answering, even before we ask! Even when we don't know what to say!

Not necessarily our wants, of course, for we are like children, not knowing what is best for us, but we can trust Your perfect provision.

Jesus reminded us that if our earthly fathers know how to give good gifts to their children, how much more do You as our heavenly Father!

For all these things, I again say, “Thank You!” and “I love You".

I don’t need my questions answered now. I will understand later. So I won't ask now, but you know how I feel.

I am sick of all the hatred displayed by man on earth, sick of the violence, persecution, and desecration of what should have been good. If I feel this way, how much more must You feel that pain?

Before I go, I would just ask one thing: please help me to listen to You better. It’s fine for me to think about what I would say to You, but I need to listen to what You are saying to me! It goes both ways, doesn’t it? Thank you.

I’m looking forward to seeing You. I’m heading into the sunset of my life, so hopefully it won’t be too long now.

In the meantime, I trust you with my life, both now on earth, and when I enter fully into Your presence. Some people may think it strange … but I can’t wait! Because I love You.




What do you say to God? contest entry
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Wendy G All rights reserved.
Wendy G has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.