Biographical Non-Fiction posted January 21, 2023


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A new road has opened up for me.

New Beginnings

by A.Myers85


“Quick question: how do you know when it’s time to leave?”

My older brother stills and gapes at me. “That’s not a quick question.”

Pausing his video game, we relocate to the living room. Unbidden, my feelings spill out: dissatisfaction with my school; my best friend living 2,000 miles away; feeling stuck—unable to move forward in my life; lost, alone; a buoy ripped from its anchor, adrift at sea.

“Maybe… it’s time for you to leave California,” he says gently. His words reminded me of past conversations when I refused to listen.

He’s right; it’s time.

Goodbye, California. Hello, Arkansas.




True Story Flash contest entry

Recognized

#65
January
2023


This conversation sparked my decision and year-long journey of unrooting my life in California and moving to live with my best friend in Arkansas. It's been six months, and I don't regret my choice. I feel renewed and ready for a new adventure!
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. A.Myers85 All rights reserved.
A.Myers85 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.