General Fiction posted January 14, 2023 Chapters:  ...37 38 -39- 40... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a one-hundred-fifty-word story

A chapter in the book Random Rhyme and Petty Prose

Widow

by Bill Schott


Sam knocked on the green door. He waited fifteen seconds, then knocked a second time.

After about the same amount of time, the peep hole opened. Two seconds later, it closed.

A minute elapsed and nothing happened.

Sam knocked on the door again. The bedroom window above where he was standing, opened. A woman leaned out with a bucket and poured a dousing of water on Sam.

Another fellow strolled by and saw Sam standing there.

"Why are you trying to get the widow to open her door?"

"I want to share the Lord's message with her, Brother," answered Sam.

"If I were you, I'd pass this one by and take your chances at the fight club."

"I've nothing to fear, sir. I am wearing the armor of God."

"Okay, Parson. Just know that the armor of God is good against Satan, but even he wouldn't mess with Widow Maycurr."







 



Recognized


Thanks to Nancy J Wood for use of the image.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by Nancy J Wood at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.