Commentary and Philosophy Poetry posted December 27, 2022


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Why fear what you created ?

Run, Josh, Run

by Sandra Nelms-Ludwig

 
 
Why run brave Hawley
 
 
I thought the mob was your friend~
 
 
just good patriots
 
 
 



5-7-5 writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a 5-7-5 poem on any subject. The only rule is to follow the 5-7-5 syllable count (first line has five syllables, second line has seven, third line has five again).

Recognized


Joshua David Hawley is an American politician and lawyer who has served as the junior United States senator from Missouri since 2019. He is a member of the Republican Party.
Last line is sarcasm. There is NOTHING patriotic about defiling your nation's Capitol Building before the world. In the raised fist photo Hawley is showing the mob surrounding the Capitol he supports their ideals and agrees with their presence in protesting the "Big Lie" the election was stolen. After the Republican supporters broke into the Capitol he is running for cover like a scared child.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Sandra Nelms-Ludwig All rights reserved.
Sandra Nelms-Ludwig has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.