Family Non-Fiction posted December 21, 2022


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Last weekend's shopping experience.

Presents With Meaning

by GWHARGIS

Last weekend I decided to finish up my shopping.  Just some small things from a few shops around town.  
 
I noticed that twenty dollars doesn't go very far.  I noticed that I would need to spend a few extra minutes trying to peel that made in China sticker off.  But, what struck me the most was nothing I had picked up and put into my shopping basket really said what I wanted to express.
 
All I wanted was to show these people that they matter to me.  I care about them and want to thank them for making my life better.
 
Long story short or is it already too late to say that?  I put everything back on the shelves and came home. 
 
I sat down at my art table and made card sets with each of those special people in mind.  It took hours but I finished six cards for each person.  Bundled them together with twine and hand wrote a message.
     
      THESE CARDS WERE PAINTED ESPECIALLY FOR (insert their name)
       By g. w. Hargis
 
I gave them out this morning at work.  I got the biggest hugs I've ever had.  Not one person said, "oh, you shouldn't have."  Instead, I heard, "These are beautiful.  That's my favorite color."
 
Those presents were received the way I intended with happiness and the understanding that even though I could have bought a fancy candle or a bottle of wine, I chose to use my God given talent to show them I care.
 
I'm not knocking those who buy their gifts from stores.  Not in the least.  I'm just saying that for me, this year, at least, I wanted to give a little bit of myself.
 
I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas.
 
 



Recognized


Just some thoughts from my head.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. GWHARGIS All rights reserved.
GWHARGIS has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.