Biographical Non-Fiction posted December 3, 2022


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
An unusual friendship

Harold

by Mary Vigasin


Today, I found an old photo taken at my house of my nephew Tony, my godchild Tara, and Tony's best friend, Harold.

Tara, at the time, was living with us and my house became a hangout for the trio.

Truthfully, I did not like Harold. When Tony brought Harold along, I was less enthusiastic to see him. His silence and always staring bothered me, but he was part of the trio and Tony's friend, so I could not ask that he not come. I had to hide my lack of enthusiasm to see Harold come through the door. However, with Tony's help in understanding him, I got to like having Harold around.

Like many childhood friendships, interest wanes, so when Tony left to go to college, Harold interviewed and was offered a job at the Science Museum.

Tony moved out of state and never saw Harold again.

Now years later, I assume Harold has moved on and no longer works at the museum.

The picture I found of the trio got me thinking of Harold. He was an uncommon friend and an unusual traveler to cross over to the Rainbow Bridge.

I can imagine seeing hundreds of dogs and cats crossing over the Bridge with one small green iguana named Harold trailing behind.





Recognized


I am running a little dry now, but I saw this photo of Tony, Tara, and Harold and remembered Tony's friend.
Tony named Harold after my father, who friends called the Dragon.
Harold had to be interviewed by the museum to see if he would have a good personality. He got the job
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mary Vigasin All rights reserved.
Mary Vigasin has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.