General Fiction posted September 26, 2022 Chapters:  ...11 12 -13- 14... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
1,100 words. The Warriors get a moment of rest.

A chapter in the book The Walkers

Cal Recovers.

by papa55mike




Background
Gabriel Hope leads a formidable team of Angels and Walkers through the Spirit Realm on a dangerous mission to India.
End of chapter 12
 
Suddenly, it was like the landscape opened up when they uncovered themselves with their cloaks, filling the area with light. Standing in a circle around them are twenty-one of Heaven's finest fighting machines dressed in white tunics with gold breastplates, and each one carries a unique weapon and a five-foot sword around their waists. In unison, they kneel, bow, and say, "My General."
 
"Hello, my friends, and rise," Michael smiles at his troops, "Joseph, can you check Cal's injuries?"
 
"Yes, General." He walks over to Cal, takes her hand, and concentrates.
 
Michael turns to his Captain and asks, "Is there any demonic activity in this area, Patrick?"
 
"Not within a two hundred mile radius, General, but the news of your escape spreads throughout the Realm."
 
"Thank you, Patrick; it's good to see you again. Have you met Gabriel Hope?"
 
"No, sir, I have not," Patrick reaches out his hand, and the Angel and the man shake hands, "It's a pleasure to meet you, Gabriel."
 
"Call me Gabe; everybody else does," Gabe turns to Cris, "And this is Cris Turner, Patrick."
 
"Hi," Cris smiles, "It's always strange meeting Angels."
 
"General," Joshua walks to them, "The young woman has a lacerated kidney and intestines, but the healing process proceeds nicely. She should be back to normal and ready for travel in about eight hours."
 
Cris sighs, "Well, that's a relief."
 
Michael smiles and says, "Thank you, Joshua," he turns to Gabe and Cris, "You two should get some rest. We haven't stopped since we entered the first portal near Second Chance."
 
Gabe smiles, slaps Cris on the back, and replies, "That's a good idea, Michael. Come on, Cris, they have things well in hand."
 
 
Chapter 13
 
 
 
Cris stirs when he hears Cal groan, but she quickly settles back down, and he begins to doze again.
 
Deep within Cal's mind, a visitor appears. Satan walks over to the small bed where her spirit currently resides, gently strokes her cheek, and says, "Awaken, California Marie Cummings."
 
Cal stretches her long arms while her eyes flutter open, then turns to the voice she hears. Startled at seeing a strange man standing in her old bedroom, Cal leaps from the bed. She had no idea she was dressed in the sexy red nighty from her daydreams about Cris. She quickly snatches the sheet off the bed and wraps it around her. Glaring at who she now knows is Satan, Cal asks, "What are you doing here?"
 
"You have a lovely body, Cal," he leers, "I just want to talk."
 
Confused, Cal asks, "Where are we?"
 
"Where I live every day, inside your mind. You see, I'm that evil thought you've been having about Cris. Oh, those things you did to each other in the bed of your dreams. You have a dirty mind, Cal."
 
"Not if we're married."
 
"Mere technicalities. You could have Cris right now if you wanted to. But that's not what I'm here to talk about."
 
"I see what it means in Proverbs," Cal rolls her eyes, "With many words, there are many sins. Would you get on with it!"
 
"Okay, I'm here to remind you of the events surrounding the death of your Mother and Father. You were coming back with a package of Bibles from town when you stumbled upon the scene. I can imagine the rage you felt seeing your Father lying with blood pooling around his head by the front door and then seeing your Mother being raped by one of the evil men who attacked that tiny church just before she died." Satan whispers in her ear, "Do you remember pulling back your bow and the pleasure it brought you seeing that arrow pierce the leader's neck, then emptying your quiver in the fleeing men? Of course, the highlight was standing by your parent's graves and smiling at the lions and buzzards eating their fill of the attackers. Fun times!"
 
Cal is seething with anger and replies, "Your point being?"
 
"Just this," Satan says smiling, "Those men were possessed by demons I sent to destroy that church, and they succeeded."
 
That rage begins to burn again inside Cal's mind.
 
"That's right, Cal, let it burn within you. The hatred you feel for all men and the demons that control them. Don't you want to kill them all, Cal?"
 
"Yes, I do. Starting with you, Satan!" Cal reaches for his throat with both hands.
 
Suddenly, there's a moan outside her body, and the dream is over.
 
~
 
Satan's secretary, a tall succubus with a dark, muscular body, enters his office and says, "Master, there has been a tremor from a deep dream that could be a coma, and it seems to be from a Heavenly Warrior named Cal Cummings."
 
"Yes, I feel it, too. It seems the Warriors are somewhere in Asia, possibly in China. Get me, Leviathon, immediately!"
 
"Yes, Master," she struts out of his office and says, "My Lord, he's on the screen."
 
Leviathon's bulbous head fills the wall in front of Satan's desk when Satan walks around the corner of his desk and says, "Leviathon, rally your miserable forces. I need you to search every available portal in western China."
 
Leviathon adjusts the crown of human femurs and skulls while his beady, red eyes beg for mercy. His broad, grotesque smile appears before slowly replying, "Master, that will take time. There are many thousands of portals throughout the mountains."
 
Smiling, Satan takes his left hand and acts like he's squeezing something.
 
Leviathon's face begins to contort. Gasping for breath, he whispers, "We will begin immediately."
 
Satan relaxes his hand, then replies, "Excellent, I want hourly feedback."
 
"Yes, Master," a gasping Leviathon disappears from the wall.
 
~
 
Nathanial had returned with more nourishment from Heaven. Gabriel and Cris were snacking on the fresh fruit and chatting with Michael and Nathanial. Cris asks, "You mean we have only two portals left, and we'll be at our destination, Gabe?"
 
"That's right. The next one takes to Janakpur in Southern Nepal, about twenty miles away," Gabe takes a bite of an orange-striped fruit shaped like a pear, "These are great pan-fried."
 
"What's after that, Gabe?"
 
"About five miles further, next to the base of a colossal mountain, is the way to Supal, India. We'll make a base outside of town."
 
Cris asks, "Where do they hold the slave auctions?"
 
"Down on Main Street. It's the thriving business of the town. Didn't we rescue a woman from there, Michael?"
 
"Yes, we did. Now, that woman is a minister in the mission fields of India, trying to save the very souls who sold her into slavery. What a miracle."
 
Captain Patrick walks up to Michael to announce, "General, they've detected our location. Possibly through a dream, but we should have a few hours before the enemy gets close."
 
"Thank you, Patrick. It looks like we need Cal to wake up."
 
Right on cue, Cal begins to stretch and moan. Cris slides beside her and asks, "Cal, can you hear me? It's Cris. How do you feel?"
 
Her eyes are barely open when she stretches and replies, "Just wonderful, darling." She wraps her arms around Cris's neck and pulls him into a romantic kiss with swirling tongues and passionate moans. Cal drifts off again when Cris gently lays her head back.
 
He looks at three smiling faces and says, "It was part of a dream, I guess."
 
"Yeah," Gabe chuckles, "I'd say that dream was about you."
 
"Well, that's not a bad thing."
 
"No, it is not," Michael rerplies.
 
Cal stirs again, rubs both of her eyes, then slowly opens them. Panic suddenly fills her face, and she scrambles backward, reaching for blankets that aren't there, and exclaims, "What are you doing in my bed...room." She glances around at the faces staring at her. "Where are we?"
 
"We're in China," Gabe answers, then asks, "How do you feel?"
 
Cal begins to unwrap the Tallit from around her waist and replies, "Just stiff and a little sore. What's this wrapped around me?"
 
"Michael's Tallit," Cris answers. "It saved your life."
 
Cal asks, "Would somebody please tell me what happened?"
 
"You caught a demon's sword in your back before we hit the portal," Gabe answers.
 
Cal pulls up her shirt a little to see her scar and exclaims, "Wow, that's a beauty. Don't we need to get moving?"
 
"Yes," Michael answers, "But not until you get something to eat."
 
"That sounds great. I'm starving! Oh, the little red plums. My favorite."




The Cast of Characters.

Prisha
The twelve-year-old girl who her father sold to the Dealer in the prologue.

The Angelic Warriors

Gabriel Hope
At six feet six inches tall and 295 pounds, Gabe is a 20-year veteran of the Army Rangers, and he's been walking for the Lord for 23 years.

Michael
The Arch Angel of Heaven, Prince of God, Commander of the Lord's Armies. His massive size varies depending on the situation. Michael has been friends with Gabe for many years after recruiting him for battles in the Spirit Realm.

Cal Cummings
At six feet two inches tall and 200 pounds, Cal graduated from Vanderbilt University with a Master's degree in Theology. She also starred in Volleyball and is an Olympic Champion Archer. Five years ago, she was working in the mission fields of Africa when bandits killed her Mother and Father in a brutal attack, and Cal barely escaped.

Cris Turner
At six feet tall and 200 pounds, Cris has a Master's degree in Criminal Science and Theology from North Carolina University. He is also an excellent shot with his Colt 45 model #1911. Three years ago, he started walking for the Lord when his wife and son were killed in a plane crash, but Cris missed the flight.

The Enemy

Lucifer, Satan, or the Evil One
He is the Supreme Commander of all the demon armies and ruler of the dark side of the Spirit Realm.

Beelzebub
2nd in command under Lucifer, all of the other generals report to him. He uses pride to tempt others.

Asmodeus
Commander of the North American army of demons, he tempts others with burning desire.

Leviathon
Commander of the Western Asian army of demons, and he tempts others with heresy.

Legions
The slow marching skeletal soldiers in Satan's armies - Legions vary in size from five to seven feet tall. They are known for their ability to leap upon their prey and are mighty in battle.

Familiars
They are much smaller than the Legions but quick soldiers hunt in packs. They cling to the dried-up riverbeds, oceans, lakes, and streams, and Familiars carry short swords and slingshots.

Cambions
Cambions are one to two-foot-tall demons with oversized reproductive organs. Cambions are created in the Spirit realm when a Succubus has intercourse with a male or female human while dreaming.

Garrote
A Super demon that's created in the Spirit realm when Satan or one of his generals has sex with a young virgin girl in the earthly Realm.

Succubus
A demon that hides in the darker realms waiting for humans to sleep so they can invade their dreams to have intercourse with them. They can be either male or female.









Many thanks for stopping by to read!
Have a great day, and God bless.
mike


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. papa55mike All rights reserved.
papa55mike has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.