Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted September 17, 2022


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
The rise and fall of a limousine company

A Sad Ending

by Thesis


I began a limousine company with one Lincoln Town Car and built a good income for myself. After two years, I was offered a corporate contract by one of my clients if I was able to get five more drivers and cars.

I sold some things and was able to purchase four more Lincolns and a six passenger Lincoln stretch limousine. Business was booming and I needed to expand further.

I acquired another company with six Lincolns, and an extensive client list. Now, with twelve cars, my problem became recruiting and keeping professional drivers. We were a twenty-four-hour service, with no down time.

My clients needed larger vehicles to transport clients and employees to dinners and entertainment, these were hourly trips, some requiring an overnight stay. So, I bought an additional three twelve-passenger Stretches and began renting luxury vans.

Everything was going well. And then...., my drivers started complaining of too much work. Sometimes they wouldn't show up, and I had to sub-contract the rides. Some complained to clients about their workload and I had to release some drivers.

Between accidents, the more than doubling of fuel costs, insurance, lack of qualified drivers, and increased car maintenance costs, it was becoming an unprofitable business.

The final straw that forced me to close the company was when one of my drivers maliciously failed to pick up the CEO of my largest customer at the airport, causing me to lose the account worth over a half-million dollars a year.



From Beginning to End writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Be it love, a job, a weekend getaway, write us a short, entertaining story.


This is a true story. Limousine companies don't survive unless you have good, professional drivers. Once they become unreliable, you're in serious trouble.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Thesis All rights reserved.
Thesis has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.