General Non-Fiction posted September 12, 2022


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
so much to think about

I Think About Many Things

by pookietoo

What do I think about? There are many things. I am a great lover of nature. I wonder why there are many clouds in the sky for days at a time then none for a period of time. When I see the clouds, I think about how happy I am that there are different shapes, different faces in them. I think how peaceful hearing the crickets chirp at night makes me feel and how wonderful it is hearing the birds sound like an orchestra in the morning.
 
I think how wonderful it is that there are four seasons, rainbows after it rains. I think how wonderful it is that everyone is different in how they wear their hair. Some of us are short; some are tall. Even some twins wear different clothes, and have distinguishing features. We all like different sports teams books, animals, colors, board games, have different talents, favorite vacation spots and hobbies. love different songs, musicians, singers, and instruments. We like to eat different things. We have different church denominations. Some people love cats, some people hate them. I think about the people that are mean to cats. I wish they wouldn't be mean to them.

I think about the talents that I have which are writing poems, crocheting, taking pictures, and making scrapbooks. I am a fairly good singer. Heavenly Father has helped me learn patience, learn to love myself and others unconditionally, and never give up. I think how glad I am that God blessed us with families and friends. I think about the talents and hobbies people have: bird watching, fishing, hiking, playing video games, pottery, genealogy, art, watercolor, acting, beekeeping, computer programming, designing clothes, jewelry making, dancing, hunting, cooking, geocaching, embroidery, calligraphy, knitting, sewing, sculpting, painting, drawing, writing books, singing, putting puzzles together, coloring, word find puzzle books, and so many more. I think of all the jobs people have: policemen, firemen, grocery clerks, car salesmen, beauticians, doctors, nurses, dentists, teachers, and others.

I think about all of the holidays that we have to enjoy throughout the year. I am especially grateful for Christmas when we celebrate the birth of Jesus.

I think about all of the missionaries who teach people about Jesus and all of the men and women who serve in the military, many have to give their lives. I think about the couples that can't have children of their own and choose to foster a few or many children and about the people who foster or who have rescue dogs. Last but not least on this subject I think about the families who are willing to let student from another country live with them for a school year and attend the local school. This is called an exchange student.

I think of the VA clinics and hospitals who are able to serve the veterans by letting them have free doctor visits. They take Last excellent care of their veterans.

I think of the people who are quick to judge people they don't know and the people who are homeless whether they choose to be or not. I think about children --how their smiles can brighten anyone's lives, how teachable they are. I believe they teach us how to live and know how to forgive. It is so fun to watch them play and hear the cute things they say.

I think how great it is that Jesus died for us and that we can see our families and friends in the next life and also our pets that have passed away.
 
I often think about how short life is, that we should enjoy the little things: often express our love for our family and friends, take time to enjoy the beauties of life. Tomorrow isn’t promised to nobody. We never know when a freak accident or covid could cause a loved one to pass away.
 
I think how sad it is that some people don't believe in God. All anyone has to do is look around and see all the beauty in each day to know there is a God. I think how sad it is that some people don't believe there is life after death. It breaks my heart that some people decide ro kill for the fun of it, others kill constantly. Some people think life is so bad they don't have a reason to live so they kill themselves. I think about the kids who choose to bully their classmates or other kids either physically or by calling them names. I think about the school shootings. I can't for the life of me figure out why 18 year old men choose to kill innocent young children. I think about the people who choose to drink and drive and abuse drugs, those that choose to eat way too much, those that seem to just go through the motions. I think about the evil terrorists.

The last part of my thoughts is about when I sleep. I use a walker to walk because I am scared to walk. I am afraid I would fall. Many times when I dream I walk all over the place. Different times I dream about water and swimming pools. I never learned how to swim good. My mom and dad have passed away, and they often appear in my dreams. I believe that is to comfort me. Sometimes my mom appears in the same dream twice which is weird. Different times in my dreams I can't find my camera and want to take pictures of beautiful autumn trees, or I can't find an afghan I started. I think about why I can't finish a dream. Sometimes I can't dream at all.



How do you think? writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
If a mind is a terrible thing to waste, how would you stop doing so?
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. pookietoo All rights reserved.
pookietoo has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.