Biographical Non-Fiction posted August 6, 2022


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A short rant.

Who Wants Mom?

by barbara.wilkey


I sent this text to my four boys this morning:

I've put up with the ungodly heat for almost 17 years. I don't want to hear, but Mom, there's no humidity there. 110 degrees is hot no matter what. I've put up with the occasional snow blizzard. Although, Texans have no clue how to drive or what to do with snow. Their answer, wait a few days, it'll melt.

But this is the last straw, I reached into my purse to get my car keys. I just wanted some Huevos Rancheros from my favorite Mexican Restaurant and instead of keys I got a small gecko. I know they're cute and harmless, but in my purse?

Who wants Mom?

I haven't received an answer to see what state I'm moving to. I wish I had a child in Alaska. I've heard it's nice and cool.




Recognized

#33
August
2022


We've broken heat records this summer and have had zero rain. It hasn't been good.

Thank you google images for the cute little gecko. They are adorable, outside!!!
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. barbara.wilkey All rights reserved.
barbara.wilkey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.