General Non-Fiction posted July 31, 2022


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Loved oneâ??s spirit lives on

I Believe

by Joanne Gill-Maddick



I truly believe in the afterlife and that one's spirit lives on in another existence after death.  Whether it be a cardinal, butterfly or some other type of animal.  

It truly is comforting to think of your loved ones spirit existing in another form.  My brother lost his daughter in a premature passing 3 years ago.  A butterfly continuously hangs out by his home and has taken up permanent residence during the summer season.  Butterflies are delicate and fragile and have a short but beautiful life.  A butterfly is known to be a symbol of hope, renewal and transformation.

  I have had encounters with butterflies  that made me go wow! Is something or someone trying to get my attention?  For instance,while driving to my home in Newtown a monarch flew over my windshield as I pulled into my Mom’s driveway.  When I was leaving Newtown a monarch flew up over my windshield again.  That is beyond amazing.

 Growing up the desiderata was very significant in our lives.  I recall it hanging on the wall of our family home.  My father always said to live your best life follow the good teachings of the Desiderata.  When my niece passed away almost three years ago.  After attending a memorial service at her workplace, we noticed she had a copy of the desiderata hanging outside of her office door.  I was attending a group the next day the first thing caught my attention was the desiderata on a table as I was walking by.  Then I attended a grief counselling session upon which the desiderata was sitting on the table.  Three times within two days the desiderata came into my path.  I feel something larger at play here.    It’s like coming full circle.

 Two days after my niece passed I took a walk around the pond near my home.  I was crying as I was walking and  trying to make sense of what had transpired.  Our beautiful niece was gone and I was questioning why God would take her away from us at only 37 years of age.  When right in my path was a gorgeous mourning cloak.  I couldn’t believe my eyes.  I  believe that to be a sign Trudy was at peace with God and she was letting me know that she was okay.  As I said, I truly believe in the afterlife and believing my loved one's spirit still lives on miraculously in another shape or form brings me a sense of comfort and peace.  I live with the hope of reuniting with them someday. 



Your view of the afterlife contest entry


I believe in the after life my photo is the Butterfly that hangs out in my brothers garden.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Joanne Gill-Maddick All rights reserved.
Joanne Gill-Maddick has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.