General Poetry posted July 18, 2022 Chapters:  ...97 98 -99- 100... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
5/4/5 Modern Winter Haiku

A chapter in the book One Thousand Cranes

Somber Snowed Tundra

by Gypsy Blue Rose


Place= Siberia's Uninhibited Land


somber snowed tundra
untouched by men —
 land's frigid virgin 

 




I mean no disrespect to women, it's just a play on words. Some men use the word 'frigid' as a derogatory word, this is not that case.

Sakha Republics, Russia, heart of Siberia, is the eighth largest territory in the entire world. It's above the Arctic Circle, making avera it basically a freezing cold desert of 190,555 square miles. The temperature is -46 degrees Fahrenheit, the coldest area in the northern hemisphere. Because of the extreme cold, much of this gigantic area of the planet has gone largely unexplored and untouched by mankind. However, there are animals that live safely away from humans. There are moos, fox, sable, wolverine, brown bear, polar bear, walrus, Manchurian deer, northern deer, musk deer, and bighorn sheep; and lakes are rich with fish -- omul, chir, muksun, white salmon nelma, sturgeon, taimen, and karas to name a few. There are about 250 birds species. in Yakutia. The tundra is a habitat for rare birds, Siberian white crane, sandhill crane, loon, moose, golden eagle, white-tailed eagle, etc. The Arctic shore is famous for the noisy and spectacular seashore bird colonies. Yakutia is the only place on the planet with Siberian black crane and gull habitats.

================================================

MODERN HAIKU is the English adaptation of Classic Haiku. It's written in one to four lines with no strict syllable count, but as brief as possible. These poems use a pause usually marked by a dash before the satori (an insightful twist to ponder). Images don't need to be taken from nature. Seasonality is optional. Alliteration and metaphor are okay. Never rhymes. The em-dash ( -- ) is used to emphasize an interruption in speech before the satori. Haiku usually doesn't have a title but in fanstory we have to have one. The Haiku Foundation of America
Thank you very much for taking the time to read and review my poem.

Gypsy
"Poetry heals the wounds inflicted by reason." - Novalis



Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Gypsy Blue Rose All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Gypsy Blue Rose has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.