General Non-Fiction posted June 30, 2022


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
He is my best friend.

My Husband

by pookietoo

My husband is the most wonderful man I know. When we met, it was love at first sight. I looked in his eyes, and my heart would melt. We met at the Deseret Industries thrift store in 1992. Both of us worked there.

He has such a radiant smile, and I love the way he laughs. He has a great love for Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, and he shares that love with everyone around him. I believe they can feel that love.    He is a great friend to many people, even people he doesn't know. He just knows how to make other people feel good.

Just a month ago, he went to Taco Bell to buy us some tacos. A girl about four years old was crying because she lost her money. He gave her $1.00. $1.00 isn't much, but to that little girl, it meant everything. It made her day. She gave him a big hug and a kiss. I believe he loves children the way Jesus did. Like the Dr. Seuss quote: "To the world, you may be one person, but to one person, you may be the world."

Just over six years ago when he had kidney stones, he suffered some of the pain Jesus Christ did in the Garden of Gethsemane. I didn't hear him complain once. I love the sweet words he says to me. We often express our love for each other. Sometimes he calls me baby. He is my best friend. I love him more than words can say. We were meant for each other, and our love will be eternal.

 



My Significant Other writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Hearing the Beach Boys sing, I teared up thinking what my special person means to me. How do you feel about yours?
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. pookietoo All rights reserved.
pookietoo has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.