Fantasy Fiction posted June 23, 2022


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
a change of tune

Jasper the Unfriendly Ghost

by pome lover



 
Many years ago, there was a little ghost named Casper. Everybody liked him because he was a very friendly ghost.

This story is about his nephew, Jasper, who is, I hate to tell you … most unfriendly. And not only that … well, I’ll show you.

One day, Jasper was flying - invisibly - beside a little boy named Jude, who was on his bike, headed home. Suddenly, for no reason, Jasper mumbled something and the boy’s bike hit a big rock and Jude went flying. WHOOSH, through the air he went, landing in a big mud puddle.

Jude’s mother was most unhappy with him because he was supposed to be at a birthday party, and he was a muddy mess. Jasper laughed, and turned to fly away, and discovered he was caught on the spikes of a big cactus. He turned and twisted to get himself loose, which just made it worse.

In fact, Jasper was so upset that he stopped being invisible, and as he thrashed around, he realized that Jude was standing there, dripping mud and laughing at him!

Jude’s mother couldn’t believe what she was seeing, and looked horrified, but Jude went over to Jasper, and, smiling, said “Hi. I’m Jude. Be still, and I’ll get you loose.”

Jasper had never had a human be friendly to him because he’d been so mean, and he watched the boy patiently un-stick his sheet from the cactus. “Thanks,” he said. My name’s Jasper and I’m sorry I caused you to fall.”

“You made me fall?” Jude said. “Why?”

“I don’t know. I thought it’d be funny, but it ended up you laughing at me!”

And then, the strangest thing happened. They both burst out laughing. Jude was covered in mud and Jasper’s sheet was full of tears and holes from the cactus’ spikes.

Jude’s mother finally realized the humor in the situation and said, “Come on, you two, I’ll fix you both up in no time.”

Jasper smiled. He had a friend. Maybe two.
 
 




Supernatural Encounter writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Word count 300-350
Story will include a human encounter with ghosts/spirits
Your fiction story must be written suitable for children--G rated.
Black font color only


334 words
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. pome lover All rights reserved.
pome lover has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.