Humor Non-Fiction posted June 20, 2022


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Lily writes about LisaMay...

Loving Companions

by LisaMay

Tell Us About Your Pet(s) Contest Winner 

Hello readers! It’s Lily here — LisaMay’s two-year-old tabby cat. You might think it strange that a cat is writing this, but I’ve posted a few stories on FanStory previously — the ones where I write to Wendy G’s dog, Sunny, my trans-Tasman pen-pal. Yes, a cat writing to a dog is rather strange, but my role model is LisaMay herself, who often writes on this site. She makes friends easily, and doesn’t discriminate about species, or colour, or country.

LisaMay is my pet. She started off by being my servant, my staff, but the more I got to know her the more endearing she’s become — probably because she is so obliging to my needs and quirky whims. When I adopted her, I was a scaredy-cat, the runt of the litter getting bullied by my siblings. Moving to a city from the country was rather overwhelming for me, but LisaMay explained a few things on the journey to her place and calmed me. She told me that she was adopted when she was a kitten, I mean a baby, and later she moved to an entirely different country, so it turned out we had things in common right from the start.

And also right from the start LisaMay has been kind and loving and has my back, and also my front and my sides — I do love getting patted and stroked all over, and in return I snuggle with her, especially at night now that it is winter here. I demand to be under the covers and she doesn’t mind. She’s usually in a good mood, but sometimes she gets grumpy, like when I put my bum in her face or puke on the carpet. Also, she doesn’t much like it when I shred the toilet paper, or rip leaves off the pot plants, or catch birds, or bring crickets into the house. Gosh, I didn’t realise she was so fussy until I started writing this list!

We have lots of toys for our entertainment, but I don’t quite understand why she thinks I shouldn’t play with them at 3.00 a.m. I am persistent though, and she eventually gets up and plays chase-the-ball, hunt-the-pretend-mouse, and scrag-the-bathmat with me for ten minutes, then back to our cosy bed.

During the day, LisaMay is a free-range pet and comes and goes as she pleases. I miss her when she is away; sometimes I go on car rides with her, but I don’t always like where she takes me!

LisaMay gets a bit bossy sometimes, but I would hate hate hate to lose her. I think I should get her microchipped, just in case.


 



Tell Us About Your Pet(s)
Contest Winner

Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. LisaMay All rights reserved.
LisaMay has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.