Biographical Non-Fiction posted June 19, 2022


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
It will take less than an hour of your time. (75 words)

Being a Hero is Easy

by LisaMay




I saved the lives of three people this morning, without needing any superpowers. I didn’t have to dash into burning buildings, or lift train carriages off victims, or overpower wild animals. My heroic behaviour was all done while seated in a comfortable chair, and was accomplished within an hour. I left the medical side of the heroics to others, and walked out the door smiling.

You, too, can be a lifesaver. Become a blood donor.


 



Recognized


Author Note:
This is my experience in New Zealand. It is probably similar in your own country.
Blood is life. Every day, hospitals need many donations of red blood cells, platelets, and plasma to guarantee a necessary year-round supply of blood types to patients. With every donation you make, the lives of up to three seriously ailing adults, or six unwell children, could be saved.
Whole blood donors can donate up to six times a year. There are eligibility requirements, outlined here: www.redcrossblood.org
The donation appointment will take less than an hour, no more than 15 minutes of which to actually give blood. For instance, in my session this morning my blood flowed freely and it filled the required limit (500 millilitres, about one pint) in 7 minutes.
Donated blood is tested, separated into components, then distributed to local hospitals and trauma centres for patient transfusions.

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. LisaMay All rights reserved.
LisaMay has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.