General Fiction posted June 17, 2022


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Personal essay

My plea to God

by Sanku


Dear God,

I talk to you everyday when I pray. Sometimes I talk to you while on a bus ride or as I knead dough for bread. This is the first time I am getting a chance to write to you.

I have too many questions and too many doubts that I don't know where to start. Most of them are oft-discussed and debated among us, like the most recent destruction of Ukraine. Why are you not instilling sense into those war mongers ? Why did you give excessive intelligence to us humans with which we are now destroying this beautiful world you have created ?

Why didn't you give us the wisdom to discern that you are known by many names and it is only by an accident of our birth that we address you differently ?

Why can't we feed the starving children of Africa instead of spending millions to develop space tourism and the like?

But today it is not these issues that are uppermost in my mind as I plead for your kindness. When I witnessed the deterioration of an intelligent mind, my Maths teacher who suffers from Alzheimer's, I am plagued with this question-Is it fair? Having lived a meaningful life teaching her students the mysteries of Mathematics, serving in charitable activities, fulfilling the role of a good mother and a good partner, doesn't she deserve an honourable end? It is not just her. My aunt aunt died of cancer, her last days spent in considerable pain. Many elderly people suffer from terrible afflictions that drain their vitality and making them dependent on others.

Why are some us who have lived a law-abiding and God-fearing life denied of a decent exit?

On behalf of all your children, I beseech you to weave your magic and do away that "sans teeth,sans eyes, sans taste, sans everything" stage and allow us to say goodbye with dignity.

Pray give serious consideration to my request.

Yours spiritually
Santha.





Dear God contest entry

Recognized


Thank you very much M Mishra for this picture.
I apologise if I sound cheeky and disrespectful.I write in sorrow.

"sans teeth sans eyes, sans taste,sans everything'- from Shakespeare's 'all the world is a stage' (As You Like It)
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by M. MISHRA at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Sanku All rights reserved.
Sanku has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.