General Fiction posted June 14, 2022


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Prose

Oh my God!

by zanya


HI God,

Yes, I'm going to talk to you as if you are someone I know and feel comfortable to be around.
This is just an experiment, by the way. It simply doesn't feel right, since I grew up with the idea that God is an all-powerful Deity who commands respect.

Anyway, I'm going to give it a try and have a real chat with you. I do wonder if you coujd possibly be interested in my little, insignificant life and its many twists and turns. I'd love to think I really mattered to you. But how could you possibly care equally about everybody on the planet, those already departed and those yet to be born. It's simply beyond my understanding.
Let's suppose you do care that much. Then it's ok to share our deepest fears and hopes with you.

Our beautiful world is such a scary place at the moment, especially the awful war in Ukraine. It's heartbreaking to realise what those people are enduring,. How can we fix this situation? It makes no sense for this war to continue. Is this the type of situation we have to endure, as a species, in order to come to a greater understanding of the business of living? It just seems insane.

And what about the pandemic? That really caused the ground to shift beneath our feet. We are simply living in fear of what may happen next. We did manage to find a vaccine, though. Did you help us with that ? Or is it like most people claim, the science, trust the science. You see, God, that's where everything becomes very grey and obscure. Some people say it's thanks to God for the vaccine. Others say its scientific minds. I just don't know.

People who have a firm belief in you tell us to trust you absolutely, especially when faced with what seem like insurmountable difficulties, like terminal illness. Those times are the most gruelling.

And yet they are the times when we think about you probably more than ever. In a sense we want you to 'fix' it, undo the illness or the divorce or the job loss or whatever. But you're not a magician or superman. Maybe that's where I've got the wrong end of the stick, so to speak. We learn best from our mistakes and so we must walk through the valley of darkness to reach the light.

It's all very well saying that or rehashing cliches. But really I'm not any closer to a realisation of who or what you are. I stand in awe of people who are possessed of a deep and abiding Faith in you and your ways.

I often think that such lucky people have had a concrete experience of your presence and are forever touched by that. It must be wonderful.

Now that I've started this chat with you, I really would like to know you better. It's all about chatting these days, especially on social media platforms.

Since you don't have an email or a hashtag, I will have to listen in the silence of my spirit for your reply.

Chat Soon
Zanya



Dear God contest entry


Image from Google
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. zanya All rights reserved.
zanya has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.