Spiritual Non-Fiction posted June 14, 2022


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A prayer, which I trust the Lord won't mind me sharing.

It's Me Again, Lord

by BethShelby


Dear God,
First of all, I want to say Thank You. You knew my heart was pounding nearly out of my chest when I heard my son was on his way to the hospital with his blood pressure in the stroke range. I was begging you to put your healing hand on him and let him be alright. You spoke to my heart and whispered for me to let you handle it. It wasn't easy, but when I agreed to put him in your hands, you gave me peace. Thank you that he is better today. You saved him for me four years ago, when it seemed there was little hope for his heart to ever be back to normal. I will continue to let you handle the situation.

Lord, I know you want us to pray for our friends and loved ones, even though you already know their situation, and you can handle things without our input. Still, you want us involved, because it strengthens our faith.

This world can be a scary place sometimes, and it seems like more is going wrong than right, but you warned us this would happen, and you told us not to live in fear. Forgive me for failing you so often. I'm sorry when I do things without asking your guidance. I don't want to disappoint you. Don't give up on me, because I really want to overcome my weaknesses and be a person worthy of being used by you. Give me more compassion for others. Make me less concerned about me.

Lord, there is so much I don't understand when I see what is going in Ukraine and other parts of the world. I don't know why people in our own country have so much hatred and distrust of people who are different from them. Don't they realize they are your children, too? I know you love everyone, and you are willing to forgive even the worse crimes, if those people wake up and ask your forgiveness. Help me to be able to forgive them as well.

Another thing is I can't understand why people who claim to be Christians see things so differently from other Christians. If we're all looking to you to lead us to a true way of thinking, why don't we all see things the same way? How can Christians be so angry at those of us who have a different perspective?

Lord, I'm not going to end this prayer. I want an open dialogue with you, so I can just say what is on my mind at any moment and know you are always with me and listening to my concerns. Even though I'm not elegant in my prayers, I believe you don't mind, and I can come to you as child comes to their father. Thank you again for listening, and I know we'll talk more as the day goes on. I love you with all my heart.



Dear God contest entry

Recognized

#21
June
2022
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. BethShelby All rights reserved.
BethShelby has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.