Spiritual Non-Fiction posted June 14, 2022


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Those open-ended prayers can be dangerous!

Really, Father?

by DeboraDyess


Hello, my dear God ~

There have been a couple of things that have come up this past month or so that I'd like to chat about. Thank You for being able to pay attention to such small details of my life when You have so many children to care for.

Abba, first of all, what in the world were you thinking!?

I bet that sounds more disrespectful than I intended it to, but... Come on!

When I prayed, "Father, please send something to motivate my sweet husband to be up more, to get more exercise, and to be excited about' did I really need to end it with 'but not a German Sheperd puppy'?
I kind of thought that would be understood...

Steve's been asking about getting a German Shepherd pup for weeks now. I've shot him down every time. He'd finally relented, admitting that the animal's care would primarily fall on my shoulders.

And then...

Hello?

I'm not questioning Your wisdom. I'm not a fool --- I know who You are and know You are Almighty, All-powerful, and my loving Savior. But... Really? A puppy?

Oh, sure... He's cute as anything I've ever seen. But he has really upset my apple cart, Abba. It's been a serious breach of my daily schedule.

And that's the other thing I'd like to discuss...

Thank you so much for the songs You've placed in my heart. I asked, You gave, I'm grateful.

But writing songs takes time, Sir. And now there's a puppy...

So I'm going to ask this, as clearly and concisely as I can so that there are no misunderstandings between You and me...

Help this little critter You've given us grow up quickly, potty train immediately and be the pet I'd hoped we'd have -- a sweet do something to motivate my dear man.

Oh... And help the cat and my old Oden get used to him. He's terrorizing the cat and my old dog is far less than interested in playing with our new, mouthy addition to the family.

Bless Steve, Father. Help him find new paths, new visions, and new dreams.

Even if they include a German Shepherd pup.

I love you. I praise You. I know You hear and that You're probably laughing at me right now. But that's okay, too because no one can love me the way You do!

 



Dear God contest entry


There's no fiction here, folks. It's as if this contest came up in the midst of my crying out to God about the new situation in our lives ... or, rather, MY life.
My husband was JUST declared 80% disabled from Viet Nam. (Stubborn old guy wouldn't get the help he needed until now but that's a whole different prayer!) I was hoping God would respond with, I don't know, a new hobby or a new fascination with housework and taking walks with his loving wife. NOPE. He sent a puppy. lol
And I learned a LOT about praying open-ended prayers! :)
'Abba' means 'daddy'. And, yes, I do use it when I'm throwing a fit with Him. I'm not sure why... Maybe it softens the issue for ME. lol
Thanks for reading, y'all. Hope you enjoyed my rant.
Blessings to all.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. DeboraDyess All rights reserved.
DeboraDyess has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.