Commentary and Philosophy Fiction posted June 7, 2022 Chapters:  ...135 136 -137- 138 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
guess who

A chapter in the book The Corona saga

Mask out

by Iza Deleanu


I am so surprised to see myself in the mirror. My face is not the same. Hm! my face looks like a mask, or should I say multiple masks that I put up according to the situation. For example, in the bus I am wearing my "don't bother talk to me mask, I am busy reading kind of type."

Then at work here it comes: "I wear the perfect I don't care mask, because for several months we are just pretending to do something, but nothing happens. And by the way, today I changed my mask so read this: Stir clear, I am not your dear!"

My real mask comes up when I actually do the things I want such as "oh my God, I get to travel? Yes, please! What? You want me to wear a mask in the airport? No problem, as long as I am out of here. Wait you want me to upload my proof of vaccination. Finally, I get to show off. Man, I do have a couple of doses under my belt. Which one to you want? What? Do you want me to show you all of them. You naughty travel agent, here you go have a feast. I will show you my three Modernas, beat that!"

I have one for this site too. Depending on the situation there are days when I am wearing the broken hearted mask, and other days when I lie to myself and wear the my "I will be okay mask!" So what mask do you wear, not that I care?

 


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.