Humor Flash Fiction posted June 6, 2022


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
An embarrassing moment.

She Wondered What They Thought

by LisaMay


Carol needed to use the shopping mall’s restroom. After washing her hands, and while preoccupied with thinking of all the morning’s tasks, Carol became annoyed by the wall-mounted hand dryer’s failure to blow hot air on her hands.

Thumping the box in exasperation, she muttered crossly: “Why won’t it come out? I’m in a hurry!”

Other women, either with disapproval or admiration, turned to stare at the ‘frustrated’ old woman mistakenly berating the condom-dispensing machine.



75 Word Story writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story on any topic. But you must use only 75 words to tell your story. Exactly 75 words. Title not included in the count.


Author note:
In my country, some public restrooms have condom-dispensing machines. I was surprised when I first noticed them, wondering if it was appropriate. Was it an encouragement to have sex in a restroom??

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. LisaMay All rights reserved.
LisaMay has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.