General Fiction posted June 1, 2022


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Subways are becoming increasingly dangerous to ride on

Subway Terrorism

by T B Botts


The author has placed a warning on this post for violence.
I was riding the subway home when I saw the punk enter our car and swagger down the aisle. He was looking for trouble and found it in the little Asian woman sitting down. Unprovoked, he slapped her face and started yelling. I had bear spray for just such an occasion.



Dribble Flash Fiction contest entry

Recognized


I was watching the news last night when I saw two men on a subway terrorize an Asian man. One fellow held him from behind while the other fellow made a show of slapping him hard. There were other people on the subway watching. What if someone had taken a pen and shoved in one of the criminals ear, or hit him with a heavy book or backpack. Most of us don't want to get involved, but the next time it could be you. It's time to stand up to criminals, whether they sit in a government office or ride the subway or burn down our cities. If we don't take a stand, there will be nothing left to defend, and the criminals will run the cities.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. T B Botts All rights reserved.
T B Botts has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.