General Poetry posted May 21, 2022 Chapters:  ...44 45 -46- 47... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A Potlatch Club Entry - Puente (Bridge) Poem

A chapter in the book Heart Crafted Poems - 2022

Flash of Lightning

by JLR

The Flash of Lightning

The hawk hunkers down deeper
sheltering her fledglings from
the blast of wind.
Slashing rains pummel
against her feathers.

~ As rainbow arches across the morning sky

She slumps, lost in a reverie
seeking refuge from life's torments
hard times, sad times,
bending but not yielding to feelings
of hopelessness as her sun always rises.





Recognized


The Puente, a poem for created by James Rasmusson, and is somewhat similar to the Diamante. Like the Diamante, you start with one aspect of a topic or issue and then, line by line, work toward another aspect. In the center is a line that bridges the two aspects together.

Structure ~
3 stanzas with the 1st and 3rd having an equal number of lines and the middle stanza having only one line which acts as a bridge (puente) between the 1st and 3rd stanza.

The 1st and 3rd stanzas convey a related, but different element or feeling, as though they were two adjacent territories.
The number of lines in the 1st and 3rd stanza is the writer's choice as is the choice of whether to write it in free verse or rhyme.

The center line is delineated by a tilde (~) and has 'double duty'. It functions as the ending for the last line of the first stanza AND as the beginning for the first line of the third stanza. It shares ownership with these two lines and consequently bridges the first and third stanzas.

Thanks for the use of Sunset, Fleeing the Storm by MoonWillow on FanArtReview.com

Club entry for the "~ Puente ~ week of 5-20-2022~" event in "Put Pen To Paper Potlatch Poetry Club".  Locate a writing club.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by MoonWillow at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. JLR All rights reserved.
JLR has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.