General Fiction posted May 20, 2022


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
I wanted to fertilize my garden but got more than I wanted

Read the Instructions

by T B Botts


It had been a long winter and I wanted to get outside and work in the garden. Apparently every other would-be gardener had the same idea. I dropped by the local farm and garden store, as well as all the greenhouses in town looking for some fertilizer, all to no avail. Finally, in desperation, I resorted to trying one out of the way, lesser known outlets, Sluffo's All Natural Emporium. I didn't know if they were ex-hippies or aliens, but I didn't care to shop there normally. They were weird. I bought a fifty pound bag of Greenies fertilizer with "Miraculous Growth, guaranteed to grow anywhere, just add heat and moisture." I knew I shouldn't have spread it with the wind blowing, but I was in a hurry. I inhaled some. The next day, I sneezed and blew out two broccoli sprigs. Under my armpits I found cauliflower. Great!



Flash Fiction contest entry

Recognized


I recall reading a book in grade school about Miss Piggle Wiggle. One of the characters didn't like to bathe, so Miss Piggle Wiggle planted radishes in his dirty ears. It gave me the idea for this story. My sincere thanks to Cleo 85 for the great picture.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by cleo85 at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. T B Botts All rights reserved.
T B Botts has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.