General Fiction posted May 14, 2022


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
It was fun.

Third Grade Spelling Bee

by pookietoo




It was the last week of the school year. Kim's third grade class had done very well all year learning their spelling words. Their teacher often praised them for how well they did on their assignments. Kim had a little trouble but received the tutoring she needed. Their teacher rewarded the class by them by letting them have a spelling bee.

There were twenty students in the class. They started out with easy words like pear, park, frisbee, cookie. In the second round students received medium words like elephant, apology, forgiveness, and unconditional. In the last round there were six students left. Kim was one of them. These students received difficult words to spell like laboratory, hippopotamus, rhinoceros, conscientious, mischievous, fuchsia, beguile, egregious, necessary, and narcissistic. Kim won the spelling bee. Her word was chihuahua. Their teacher had promised to give each of the students a cupcake for participating in the spelling bee. Each of them received a cherry or chocolate cupcake with a cherry on top.



Hostess Cupcake Day writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a short fictional work on any recognized May 11 holiday(s). Examples include: Twilight Zone Day, Eat What You Want Day, Ego Awareness Day. See link for more awesome ideas.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. pookietoo All rights reserved.
pookietoo has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.