General Poetry posted May 13, 2022


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Finding the light in the darkness

When sadness comes

by Joanne Gill-Maddick


Sometimes sadness creeps up on me without any warning at all.

Anxiety and depression is lurking and subconsciously I put up a wall.

I cry for unknown reasons I can't-seem to explain.

I feel like I want to crawl in a hole, i'm a prisoner to my own pain.

Pain of a troubled past with scars hidden far from sight.

When painful memories resurface, I pray I'll see the light.

I love life and I love people. I wish the monster would go away.

Let me enjoy my earthly life without struggling day by day.

Help me be present in the here and now to forget and accept my troubled past.

Let joy replace the pain and create happy memories that last.  



Sad Poems writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Sadness has overcome us all at one time or another. Either caused by a relative or close friend's death or from the girl or guy that broke our heart or just life in general. We all handle situations differently, some good, some bad. This contest gives us the ability to explore this. Your poem can also play into other emotions that are common to writing like this such as anger or depression.


I struggle with depression and anxiety. I love life but with mental illness every day is a constant struggle. I was diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder and depression. As long as I live and breathe I will never stop fighting.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Joanne Gill-Maddick All rights reserved.
Joanne Gill-Maddick has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.