General Poetry posted March 31, 2022


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
The Devil's Hidden Agenda Behind the 94th Academy Awards

The Oscars Gone Wild!

by Seville Bates

Oscars

Will Smith, Chris Rock

Money, Fame, Pride

Demons Wield Power In The Souls Of Troubled Men



2-4-4-12 writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a poem that has the following syllable count. First line has two syllables, second and third line have four syllables, the final line has 12 syllables.

Recognized


The recent debacle of the "slap heard around the world", at the 94th Academy Awards Ceremony was not only unexpected, but equally disturbing. It's just another example of how satan has demonized Hollywood. We must seek spiritual gifts in order to best assess and interpret that which we THINK we see. TELE-VISION and MUSE-ICK often have agendas that seek to manipulate and control the messages we receive through our eyes and ears.

The events that occur often leave us shocked; however, we gradually become desensitized to these acts overtime UNTIL we naturally ACCEPT them as "normal." Such appalling acts become distractions to other things in this world that should require more of our time and attention (i.e., an impending war abroad, outrageous food and energy prices, a lingering pandemic, homelessness and unaffordable housing, social unrest, financial instability and political fallout). God expects his people to help humanity in a suffering world. After all, none of us have as much time on earth as we think we do.

Did Will Smith reach his "breaking point?" Was Chris Rock deserving of the assault? What can we expect at the 95th Academy Awards for next year? Perhaps a slap this year and an AK-47 next year. What do you think?
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by Raoul D'Harmental at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Seville Bates All rights reserved.
Seville Bates has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.