General Poetry posted March 18, 2022 Chapters:  ...11 12 -13- 14... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Lent 2022, Week 3 contest entry

A chapter in the book Verse and Story for 2022

A Lenten Heart

by dovemarie

Conversion of heart is always a main part of the Lenten season. I feel like a weathervane that goes back and forth according to the winds of my feelings and experiences. With Confession, I convert and turn back to my resolution of not letting anger get hold of me, and with fasting (I am trying to give up meat for the Fridays of Lent) I feel as though I am giving up my habit of anger and impatience. The readings in the Bible talk about serving, not being served, and I try to do that in my responsibilities in the Church -- lectoring, altar serving, distributing Holy Communion, singing, and writing religious poetry. I have taken on some responsibility as an Oblate Lay Associate. I have proposed that a Mass be celebrated each season, for everybody's intentions. The proposal was accepted, and the first Mass will take place at our Shrine on March 21, the first day of Spring. I also direct people who are coming to Confession, telling them which priest is available, giving them information in the bulletin, and in general being a friendly greeter to them when they come in to the Shrine. Prayer, fasting and almsgiving are the three main tenets of this season, and I will be giving up meat today, March 18. I am an adorer at two churches, the Shrine and another local church. Additionally, I volunteer to fill in when someone can't make their Adoration hour. In serving and ministering, I feel blessed.



Lent 2022, Week 3 contest entry


This Lenten season is one of the best I have ever had. Thanks to Pixabay
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. dovemarie All rights reserved.
dovemarie has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.