Writing Poetry posted March 10, 2022 Chapters: 2 3 -4- 5... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
She is my heart and soul.

A chapter in the book The Writings of a Mouse

Lillian

by Ramona Agin

One hundred and forty two pounds of love and affection.

I look at you lying there curled up beside me and my heart squeezes. I love you so much!!

You are my love. My heart and soul. The one who sustains me.

Soft brown eyes. Golden hair. Getting a little gray now.

I can't bear to think of a life without you, but yours will be shorter than mine.

You bring me your toy. I smile. You're seven, but you still play like a puppy. This makes my heart sing!

I look at you and laugh. Today's no day to be sad. I have you here with me now.



Make Us Smile contest entry

Recognized


My dog Lillian is my constant companion. She does everything with me. She is the apple of my eye and my little (big) Angel.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by Linda Wetzel at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Ramona Agin All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Ramona Agin has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.