Humor Fiction posted March 5, 2022


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Two rejected alphabet letters, Who does that?

An Unusual Contest

by Tom Horonzy




How demented must one be to post a poetry challenge and not allow entry for two faultless letters? What offense occurred? The dot, plotted above the both of them? That shouldn't be a felony, and anyone who says so must be a two-face quacker. What comes next? The apostrophe?

Let's protest, and stand for evenness as to respect for the alphabet, or later may come a contest sans the o and z? Worse. What about an entry where all vowels are exempt from duty? Absconded by a demented contest maker who probably drank too much mead.

Or could they hold a doctorate of altered psychopathology: the study of mental derangement? For whoever they are, they surely have mastered the theory of paroxysm: the study of uncontrollable outbursts, such as the rule where two alphabet colleagues are excluded from attendance.
 



Challenge writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story of not more than 150 words without using the letters
j or i


Sometimes, we may find too much time on our hand. This contest I found strange but went with a humorous entry making the best of it. No abuse intended.
Photo by me. Magical mushrooms can cause psychotic thoughts.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Tom Horonzy All rights reserved.
Tom Horonzy has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.