Biographical Non-Fiction posted February 28, 2022


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
the day I met my wife

Best Day Ever

by jake cosmos aller

I often think of my life as comprising three distinct phases. Phase one, the opening act from when I was born until I met the love of my life in 1982 at age 26. I was lost, and she found me and restored me. Phase, two started that date and lasted until I retired at age 60 and I am now living in Phase three.

But I will always remember the day we met, for it was the best day of my life. I dreamt of meeting her in 1974 in high school. I fell asleep during a boring physics class. I saw her standing there. She was the most beautiful woman in the entire world to me. I called out, "who are you?" she faded away. I fell to the ground, and the class erupted in laughter.

I started having the same dream for eight years. When I had to decide where to go in the Peace Corps. I had the dream and knew she was in Korea. I went there looking for her but did not find her. I had given up and was getting ready to return to the States to go to graduate school when I had the last dream. She told me "don't worry. We will meet soon." That night, getting off the bus, was the girl in the dream. That date was the best day of my life and I felt I had been reborn that day.



Best Day Ever contest entry


September 7th 1982 was indeed the best day of my life when the lady of my dreams walked into my life. We got married two months later and are still together 40 years later. This is a true story.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. jake cosmos aller All rights reserved.
jake cosmos aller has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.