Western Flash Fiction posted February 17, 2022


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A 100-word Wild West adventure.

Hi-Yo, Away We Go!

by LisaMay





After our exciting skirmish with the local villains, bringing law and order to the Wild West, we anticipated our next daringly heroic adventure. Our horses waited patiently in the shadows. We ran to them, jumped aboard, kicked our heels, then galloped away into the Texas sunset.

The only trouble was my companion had gotten his feet tangled in the stirrups. He lay sprawled with Silver on top of him. Scout and I remained faithfully by his side, ready to help.

Daddy sauntered out of the house, dusted off my brother, and picked up his carpentry saw-horse trestle. Mommy brought lemonade.



 



100 Word Flash Fiction writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a flash fiction story. 100 words exactly. Title not included in count.

Recognized


Author Note:
I loved watching 'The Lone Ranger' on our new television set when I was a kid. Dad put reins and stirrups on two wooden trestles for my brother and me. I was always Tonto. I never fell off MY wooden horse.
'The Lone Ranger', an American Western drama television series, was shown in the US on the ABC Television network from 1949 to 1957. It was the highest-rated television program on ABC in the early 1950s, and its first true 'hit' show. It was shown in many other countries as well. More recent film incarnations have been produced too, such as with Johnny Depp as Tonto in 2013.

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. LisaMay All rights reserved.
LisaMay has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.