General Fiction posted February 9, 2022


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
I am a Prisoner of love

For The Love Of Cats

by prettybluebirds


I'm a prisoner of pets. At seventy-five, I would love to sell this high-maintenance home and move to an apartment with no lawn to mow or repairs to keep up, just blissful rest.

Alas, it is not to be. Nobody will rent to an older woman with six cats and a dog. So, here I am, held prisoner by my love for them and they for me.

I guess it could be worse. Animals never complain and give unconditional love. I tried a couple of husbands and found cats to be more cuddly and loving.



The Prisoner writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
In 100 words, or less, write a short story--not necessarily a flash-fiction, though it could be--on the theme/subject/topic of 'prisoner'. It could be literal or metaphoric.

Recognized

#33
February
2022


My niece also lives with me so I know my beloved pets will be well cared for if they outlive me. I never expected to find myself 75 years old and still have six cats. It just happened. We had a dairy farm and people dropped cats off all the time. I would get them fixed and try to find homes for them. I still ended up with six. I fabricated part of this story to make it fiction. I could move to a smaller home if I chose, and I did love my husband even if he wasn't as soft and cuddly.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by Brendaartwork18 at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. prettybluebirds All rights reserved.
prettybluebirds has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.