General Poetry posted February 1, 2022


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
The many faces of the crowd.

In a Crowd

by papa55mike

In a crowd, I can become one with a group slowly melding into a force that creates a feeling of connected togetherness without sharing myself with the others.

In a crowd, my pain still exists, but I mask it with the many smiles falsely worn to cover the tears of my soul that surge throughout my body, bleeding into the soil.

In a crowd, you can find the warmth of others, the universal force of love that saves a heart from shattering like glass but failing to spread the shards of pain throughout infinity.

In a crowd, surges a connecting drive to find the missing piece to the puzzle of my life that will complete a picture that shows the path to achieving happiness.

In a crowd, there's a person who can share my existence through the barrier of self to form a single living organism dedicated to the other until time no longer matters.

In a crowd, the portrait of your mind can be painted with delicate brush strokes, sharing the colors that live within each emotional thought, creating the rainbow of eternity.

In a crowd, imagination can leap from a page to become the door to a world of fantasy where beings soar to different worlds, sharing the history of a life fulfilled.

In a crowd, time stands still for a moment in eternity, finding the strength to continue writing the words of a poem or a book full of dreams filling the hearts of others with ourselves.



Recognized


Many thanks to Renate-Bertodi for the lovely artwork titled African Crowd. It fits perfectly.

I'm sure we have all felt these feelings before, and despite what people say, we keep on writing!

Thank you for stopping by to read!
Have a great day, and God bless.
mike
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by Renate-Bertodi at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. papa55mike All rights reserved.
papa55mike has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.