General Non-Fiction posted January 14, 2022


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Between three long time friends.

Thunderstorm Conversation

by aryr


Hi Tabitha, here! This was before Brooke-a calico cat ran over the Rainbow Bridge and before Sallie followed her over that same bridge.
CHARACTERS OF THE CONVERSATION:
Tabitha the Maine Coon runt
Brooke the calico cat (died)
Sallie the 75 lbs chocolate lab (died)


When it comes to thunder-storms, we pets all react differently to them. Some definitely take cover, some couldn't care-less and some are indifferent to them. Now we can recall a conversation that took place before these two wonderful animals died.

Tabitha-I think I will climb on the back of the chair and simply wait for the storm to pass. It's really raining out there and I can hear the thunder in the distance.

Brooke-I will be happy just being under the table. That way I don't have to see the thunder, I just have to hear it.

Sallie-Well, I am going up on the bed. I really need to hide under the pillows. If I can't see the thunder or hear it, I will be okay.

Brooke-I just think you are a fraidy dog. Who would think, that at 75 lbs, you would be afraid.

Sallie-Hey, I am not a fraidy dog. I just don't like thunder or firecrackers.

Tabitha-Yeah, I agree with that, firecrackers can be very annoying but thunder, I am okay with.

Brooke-Well, me, I'll just be under the table. See you later, fraidy dog.

Tabitha-Yep, see you later, fraidy dog. I just perch on the back of the chair and watch the storm.

Sallie-I am not a fraidy dog. Oh my, I got to go, the pillows are calling me.





A special thanks for the artwork Cat of Cats! by seshadri_sreenivasan
And an extra special thank you for damommy who diligently oversees Animal Crackers.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by seshadri_sreenivasan at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. aryr All rights reserved.
aryr has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.