General Fiction posted January 11, 2022 Chapters: 1 -2- 3... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Fraidy Cats

A chapter in the book Cat Tales

When It Storms at Our house

by damommy











Foster is in BLUE
Dart is in Green
Dilly is in Red
PC in Black
Blynkin in Purple
 
 
Hey, guys.  What are you doing? 
 
We’re hiding from the monster.  Blynkin’s in here, too.
 
What monster?  What’s wrong with you guys.  It’s just a little storm, that’s all.
 
Oh, no.  It’s no storm.  It’s a monster.  We heard it roar and then come crashing around.   Sounds like it will be here any minute.
 
You are too silly.  You’re being ridiculous.  Come out of there now and behave. You’re embarrassing yourselves.  I’m embarrassed for you.
 
Are you kidding?  And let that thing get us!  No, way, man.  I’m staying right where I am.  It won’t find me here.
 

I’m never coming out!
 
You are unbelievable.  Don’t you think if it is a monster it will toss everything around until it finds you?  Monsters have a good sense of smell, maybe even better than ours.  It would find you all right.
 
So, you think it’s a monster, too.  I knew it.  You were trying to be so smart and brave, and all the time you want us to come out so it will get us instead of you.
 
There’s nothing to get anyone.  If you’re that scared, come out and sit with damommy.  You know she’d never let anything hurt us.
 

Damommy’s no match for a monster.  She’s little . . . and old.
 
Don’t kid yourself.  Damommy’s a match for anything.
 
Hey, gang.  Damommy’s handing out treats!
 
Me first.  No, me.  Out of my way.
 
Well, that’s one way to get them out of there.  The joke’s on them.  There are no treats!  hahahahahah
 
 
 

 
 
 



Recognized


Foster's the only one who isn't afraid storms.




Club entry for the "Talking animals" event in "Animal Crackers".  Locate a writing club.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. damommy All rights reserved.
damommy has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.