General Poetry posted January 7, 2022


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
It was a struggle to fit in

Shyness

by Joanne Gill-Maddick

Shyness is an emotion I always struggled to overcome.

Back in the day I was so shy to the point I was feeling numb.

I struggled to fit in throughout high school I felt I was bullied too.

I never had the courage to do the things I really wanted to do.

I was so shy I couldn't stand up for myself I allowed people to walk over me.

For many years I wore a mask and wouldn't allow the world to see.

The person behind the mask was hiding a lot of pain.

It took a long time for the mask to come off but still the scars remain.

Today it's still a struggle but I'm proud of how far I have come.

I've learned new skills that brought me out of my shell and I can see the sun shine again.

I'm thankful for the supports and help I received that gave me a new lease on life.

Today I don't see myself as shy, just a quiet girl who has finally found her voice.

 



Emotion writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a poem of an emotion you personally felt about another person or yourself.
Admiration, Shyness, Pride, Disgust, Fear, Sorrow....Any emotion.
The emotion should be towards a human being, no animals or inspirational subject.
Any style of poetry. It can be short or long.
No pictures. No special fonts. Just a poem.
Have your words convey your message.


I struggled all throughout my teenage years shyness crippled me to the point of not being able to talk. I missed out on some things I wanted to do because of my shyness.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Joanne Gill-Maddick All rights reserved.
Joanne Gill-Maddick has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.