Humor Fiction posted January 1, 2022


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Resolutions for 2022

Don't make me look silly!

by Wendy G





My New Year's Resolutions

for 2022


By Sunny G

 



My first resolution is to take my resolutions seriously.

My next is based on my Mama's preferences that I walk neither too slowly nor too fast.

At present I spend too much time dawdling and sniffing, it seems … unless there is a dog ahead, in which case I like to run/gallop towards him or her … and of course that is too fast!

So my resolution is to walk fast enough and far enough to keep us both fit. I think everyone makes that resolution, don't they?


My third is to refrain from visiting my favourite tree more than once each day.

Fourthly, I will allow myself no more than ten minutes to walk around this tree numerous times, searching for food scraps.

My fifth resolution is that I will try to refrain from peeking in at Jessie's gate. She always barks so much that all the neighbourhood dogs start barking too – quite a kerfuffle!

My sixth is another practical one: I also must ignore Bear and Ada in the house behind. They throw their large selves at the fence with a terrible thud. It gets on my nerves, and it obviously annoys Beanie on the other side as he barks loudly at the noise. I just ignore them!

They do it to get my attention, as their owners don't talk to them or take them for walks. I think they are sad and lonely.

My seventh resolution is to stop walking up to strange people. By "strange", I mean people I don't know. I do especially like to approach children. It is part of my education program so that they learn how to love dogs. Everyone needs our unconditional love!

In number eight position: I have also resolved to try not to lick Mama's family. They are not all "dog people". Some say "Don't lick me, dog!" in quite an annoyed fashion. Mama says they have allergies, or have an obsession about being clean. I have a bath every six weeks! Definitely clean!

Mama knows I mean well, but apparently some humans do not appreciate the love, good will and loyalty of my species. Mama sometimes gets upset on my behalf. So I will refrain, and just give my love to Mama. For others - I will just smile at them. All the grandies love me though, and accept my kisses.


Ninethly, I will not outstare that black cat. In fact I will not stare at him at all. I will just walk past with my nose in the air, and pretend I don't even see him. My Mama will be amazed at my self-control.

Lastly - for ten resolutions is MORE than enough - speaking of self-control, I will try to not head towards other people's picnic tables when we are out in a park. Mama says that it makes me look greedy!

I think I must stop here. It sounds like 2022 is going to be a hard year if I have to keep all ten resolutions.

I have now been with my Mama two years, and because of Covid, she hasn't been able to go out as much as she used to. It's great being together! I think all of us dogs have appreciated the increased human company. We do get lonely if we are left on our own too much.

Sending my best wishes for 2022 to all the FanStory pets and their owners. May you share much love together.


Love to all from 
Sunny G

 



Recognized


Sunny looks just like this dog.

But I don't put "decorations" on him, as I don't want to bring him down to our level. Just kidding.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Wendy G All rights reserved.
Wendy G has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.