General Fiction posted December 15, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Write a good news, bad news story.

Fortunately, Unfortunately

by egomega

Write a story for grown-ups in which sentences alternate between good news and bad news. The story should be about a relationship or relationships in general. The format is like the children's book, "Fortunately," by Remy Charlip, in which the first sentence starts with fortunately, followed by something good that happened. The second sentence begins with unfortunately, followed by something bad that happened. The sentences alternate between fortunately and unfortunately (good and bad things) until a conclusion is reached. The story should have a beginning, a middle and an end and be between six and sixteen sentences long. If you prefer not to alternate between "fortunately" and unfortunately," you can alternate between, "The good news is..." and "The bad news is..."

An example from Charlip's children's story is below:
Fortunately, Ned was invited to a surprise party.
Unfortunately, the party was a thousand miles away.
Fortunately, a friend loaned Ned an airplane.
Unfortunately, the motor exploded.
Fortunately...



A Contest Contest contest entry


This is similar to a prior contest to write a childrenâ??s story using the fortunately/unfortunately format. This contest is to create a story in the same format, but for grown-ups and with a specific topic.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. egomega All rights reserved.
egomega has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.