General Non-Fiction posted November 29, 2021


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Supreme Court doesn't take the bait

Religious Red Herring

by Elizabeth Emerald



On November 29, 2021, the US Supreme Court declined to block the vaccination mandate of the largest hospital system in the State of Massachusetts.

Anti-vax employees had petitioned the Supreme Court to block the vaccine mandate on "religious grounds."

 

The Church of Christ, Scientist and the Dutch Reformed Church are the only two major religious groups that openly discourage vaccination. 

The issue of whether hospital employees should be required to get vaccinated is legitimately debatable. Regardless, whatever the reasons for objection may be, they are personal. 

Leave religion out of it.



 



Recognized


You selected Deadly Intent by helvi2 on FanArtReview.com


https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/11/29/nation/supreme-court-rejects-request-block-mass-general-brigham-vaccine-mandate-employees/

"US Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer on Monday declined to block Mass General Brigham from enforcing a mandate requiring employees of the state's largest hospital system to get vaccinated."

https://www.historyofvaccines.org/content/blog/religion-vaccination-confusion
"Of the major religions practiced in the United States, only the Church of Christ, Scientist (whose adherents are known as "Christian Scientists") and the Dutch Reformed Church� are the two religious groups that openly discourage vaccination. Islam in the United States, for the most part, has not opposed vaccination under the principle of necessity, meaning that vaccines are necessary for health,so they cannot be prohibited by religious law."

Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by helvi2 at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Elizabeth Emerald All rights reserved.
Elizabeth Emerald has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.