General Fiction posted November 19, 2021


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
All families are different - enjoy

Lola

by Jerome Goldberg

The author has placed a warning on this post for sexual content.

" ... Whatever Lola wants, Lola gets ..." It is an old song and it was certainly true in my house. I think Lola was my mother's best friend and she came over to visit almost every day. Sometimes she would play with me, but most of the time she would stay with Mom in the kitchen or in her study.

Occasionally, when my father was on a business trip, she would stay overnight. And also sometimes when Mom went to visit Grandma, Lola would stay overnight with Dad.

I liked Lola but I was jealous. I was never allowed to stay in Mom and Dad's bedroom all night, even when there was thunder. But she was! I would stare at the closed door and mope.

Then one day, Lola stopped coming. I asked Mom what happened. Mom told me that Lola was pregnant and she would come back when she was ready. I had mixed emotions. I did not know if I was happy or sad.

Then, about two weeks later, Mom and Dad took me across the street to see Lola's puppies and let me pick out which one would come to live with us.

Wow, I was happy!



~ Family Story ~ writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
*Read All Rules*
Write a FICTIONAL story that involves a human family. The word length is 600 words or less. NO 'blood & guts" gory story, such as murder of people . Do NOT include time travel among characters, or 'Dear John' letters. Do NOT have any music that automatically plays when story begins. You may use 1 picture that has no words, animation, or music, one color font with one color background, dedication line (optional) which doesn't count in word length, and author notes that may include 1 video (may have vocal sound/music).


Hope you enjoyed this fictional story.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Jerome Goldberg All rights reserved.
Jerome Goldberg has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.