Horror and Thriller Flash Fiction posted October 28, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A moment of pure terror.

Collateral Damage

by Mia Twysted


The author has placed a warning on this post for violence.
Karen squeezed through the thick wooden door, which quickly slammed shut behind her.

"Lock it," Martin screamed as he and the other tight ends pushed against it.

"I'm trying," Karen's hands trembled, turning the deadbolts.

"This can't be happening. This can't be happening," Dawn's right hand hammered against her temple.

"We're trapped," Beth scanned the room, looking for an exit, "he's trapped us in here like lab rats in a cage."

Karen flew back across the room as the door exploded open. Her shoulders slammed against the prize ten-point buck head proudly displayed on the dusty wall. Writhing in pain, she pawed at her punctured body, unable to free herself.

The massive unnatural beast stormed in, throwing the football team's captain around like a rag doll. Martin scampered to his feet wiping his newly broken nose across his letterman's jacket.

"Bishop, oh god," Martin cried out, seeing his teammate crushed behind the massive door. "Phil, watch out!"

Martin watched in horror as the monster's oversized hands seized his best friend by the shoulder, lifting him sideways off the ground. With his other meaty hand, the beast grabbed the boy's hip. Grunting, the madman ripped the teen in two before discarding his chunks of flesh like trash. Blood splattered out into the air spilling into Martin's mouth as he screamed in terror.

Assessing the miscreants in the room, the creature turned its attention to Martin as Beth yanked Dawn to the far corner of the room. Seizing the football player's hand, the beast snapped his wrist, pulling his arm forward. Martin's flesh tore from his shoulder as his limb was severed from his body.

A river of red flowed across the uneven, planked floor. Beth's eyes swelled with panic as she saw the strongest of them shredded and bleeding on the ground. Cracking his neck, the animal slowly turned to face the terrorized high schoolers.

"This can't be happening," Dawn mumbled to herself, "This can't be happening."

Pounding her palm off her head, the distraught female rushed the monster. Beating her fist off his chest, he stood motionless, his head tilting back and forth, watching her like a confused puppy. Taking the helpless cheerleader by the neck, he lifted her. Dawn's feet dangled as he brought her to his eye level. Treating her like an old unwanted toy, he squeezed his hand into a fist. As if a water balloon that's taken on too much water, Dawn's skull exploded, sending chunks of her brain matter across the room.

Beth cowered in the corner as the monster wandered toward her.

"No!" Karen yelled, "Leave her alone!"

The beast pulled Karen's body to the floor, allowing the antlers to shred her shoulder. Screaming, she was helplessly flung back up unto the bloodied antlers that now pierced her chest. Beth shook, frozen in fear. A single tear ran down Karen's cheek as she watched the last remaining member of her group be dragged off out of the room, screaming, kicking, and clawing to survive.



OCT - Halloween's Scariest <500 wds contest entry


500 words
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mia Twysted All rights reserved.
Mia Twysted has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.