Family Non-Fiction posted October 20, 2021


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
I was at my grandsons home birth.

Thanksgiving Baby

by lauralumummu


Anxiously waiting!  At 2:30 am the phone rang. "Mom it's time," he said. Dressing quickly, we rushed over.

She was in a birthing tub in the dining room. He was comforting her, the midwife was on speaker coaching us.(What if something goes wrong I thought.)

She was crying," it hurts!" Tears came to my eyes,  "Do you see the head?" my son asked. "Yes!" I exclaimed. "It's coming!" She shouted. Reaching into the water, he placed him on her chest, holding the baby, rubbing his back," Breathe!" we shouted.  As I prayed, cry!. He hollered at 3:41, Thanksgiving morning. 



True Story Flash contest entry

Recognized

#26
October
2021


Hawkly was born on Thanksgiving Oct 11 at 3:41 am, 2021 (Canadian), and my son and wife did everything, as the midwife was late. I am a retired nurse and was just amazed at the bravery of this home birth, my kids were born in a hospital with the lol, all-natural epidural.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. lauralumummu All rights reserved.
lauralumummu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.